HELEN WALSH ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
HW Staffing Solutions – Outstanding Employee of the Year
The Helen Walsh Achievement Award is an annual award, designed to recognize individual members of the HW Staffing Solutions internal team for outstanding achievements in the workplace. This award is based on activities that demonstrate the core values of our organization as passed down by our Founder, Mrs. Helen Walsh. Dignity, Excellence, Service.
Nominees will be evaluated on their actions that surpass exemplary performance in the job. Please ensure that nominations address the requirements and give at least one concrete example for each dimension.
Dignity – Special Efforts in Promoting Workforce Dignity
Making an exceptional effort to be inclusive and how this affects the work environment
Examples that contribute to the practice of workforce dignity:
- Increasing awareness of and respect for others
- Being attentive to diversity and proactively being inclusive in the workplace
- Taking action to support and champion diverse populations
- Embedding dignity and respect into their work duties and responsibilities
- Supporting through diversity to bring various perspectives into the workplace
Excellence – Outstanding Achievement in the Workplace
This is achievement surpassing the typical job duties and how this benefits others
Examples that constitute performance beyond expected standards include:
- Performing extra duties substantially beyond those typically assigned working on ‘special projects’
- Creating space for an exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives
- Identifying gaps in your area and finding ways to initiate positive change as a result
- Service on a committee or team and creating opportunities for employees to improve skills and abilities
- Making special efforts to mentor others
Service – Exceptional Service and Support
Outstanding service/outreach besides or outside of regular job duties and how this impacts others
Examples of outstanding service include:
- Contributing to public service and outreach
- Incorporating various community centers into recruitment efforts
- Delivering exceptional service to our clients
- Improving service to coworkers, employees, and clients
- Being transparent and supportive of potential applicants
How to Nominate
Submit a nomination form. An employee nomination form is available on Microsoft Forms through a link that is shared with you. Remember, all submissions must be completed by 5:00 PM on November 30th. Incomplete packets will not be accepted. Nominations submitted after November 30th will be considered for the following year.
Submissions may not be anonymous. Employees cannot self-nominate.
Members of the executive leadership team (Edward Walsh Jr, Henry Kiel, and Jeff Gustafson) are not eligible for nomination, all other team members, managers, and corporate support staff are eligible.
Eligible employees are those from all branches, on sites, departments/functional units that “report into” corporate, and are corporate service or enabling functions, where each team member supports the company at large. This includes employees from our Corporate Operations Departments.
The Executive Leadership team will review all submissions and choose the outstanding employee of the year for the Helen Walsh Achievement Award to be announced and presented in January.
Recipient of the Helen Walsh Service Award
- The Employee of the Helen Walsh Service Award will receive a plaque
- The Employee of the Helen Walsh Service Award will receive a cash prize of $1,500. HW Staffing Solutions must employ the employee at the time of the award announcement. Winners will incur tax liability for the prize bonus. Prize bonus will be taxed as a cash bonus using the supplemental income.
If you have questions regarding the policy or nomination, you may seek the assistance of your Manager, Regional Manager, Director, and Executive Members.